Saturday, November 12, 2011

Multifaceted

Last post I mentioned something about wanting to draw more faces, so I did! On four different days, I drew a face. What was quite surprising was the progression of time taken on each picture. The first one took about three hours to make, with the rest of the pictures steadily taking less and less time to make. The fourth and final face took  roughly half an hour to finish! The first face is actually fully colored (a fact which I blame the unseemly amount of time taken to finish the damn thing on), but I decided on greyscaling it so that it doesn't pop out. For each picture I drew a quick sketch of the face first, then filled in the blanks, so to speak. Structurally I placed the shape or outline of the face, the facial features and the hair on different layers. Drawing each face was surprisingly enjoyable. As a bonus, I threw in a work-in-progress (well, sort of...) of the next scribble I want to work on.

Faces 3

WIP 1

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see each face has its own shape, and not just one shape repeated. #4 is awesome, teh evil Harry Potter! =D #2 is missing its neck. The wings look quite promising. Details! Have fun drawing those feathers. ;)

    ReplyDelete