Wednesday, May 2, 2012

An Illustrated Guide to Life

I'd have hoped to have posted this yesterday on May 1st, but I wasn't able to reach the necessary art files. Long story short - It's been a busy time in my life. Rather than explaining the stuff that's been keeping me busy, I'd rather try showing it instead. It is my intention to draw five subjects over five weeks, but let's see how that goes. I tried out the open-source vector illustrator Inkscape during the weekend. What a positive surprise! I was expecting an uphill battle but it was a rather smooth ride instead. I've tried my hand at Adobe Illustrator by way of drawing logos and GUI elements, so I wasn't a complete stranger to the purpose of Inkscape. Perhaps I can post some of the output here once this sketch-stretch is over.

Sketch-Stretch 1

No comments:

Post a Comment