Monday, June 4, 2012

Falcon Punch

Previously - Made evident from the Assassin's Creed titles and symbols, the game in question had kept me rather busy. I should say "games", as the series consists of four titles up to date, with a fifth due to release near the end of this year. I should also add that games in particular have always kept me busy, and are a large part of my life. I wouldn't describe myself as a hardcore gamer or some such extremist, but I still manage to spend an awful lot of time glued to the ol' monitor.

I was not that pleased with what resulted from the sketching this time around. I had done the line art and base coloring before taking a break, and upon returning to work I noticed that I had lost my reference picture. In frustration, I hurried the picture to some form of concluded state as fast as I could. I did try out working with a large image this time (1000 x 1000 px), and I think it shows in the overall smoothness of the image. Larger files do take up way more space in source-files, however. I turned out to be an exercise in shadowing once again, and I could have been more brazen had I retained the reference image.

Sketch-Stretch 4


1 comment:

  1. You used a photo for reference? Smart move. The upper body looks quite accurate, and the punch has a nice feel of movement. I'd widen the stance a little bit, for a better balance. Also, I don't know how much that bag wheighs, but I believe it's quite heavy. Still since it's hanging like that, I'd draw it slightly tilted, moved by the punch, to make the image more dynamic.
    A tip for shadowing; plan in advance where the light is coming from, and draw a temporary circle (or any mark you prefer) in that area. That way it's easier to keep the light source constant and not all over the place.

    ReplyDelete